Inpatient rehab centers provide an array of benefits to individuals in recovery, including 24-hour medical care, emotional support, and freedom from outside triggers.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Getting sober on your own is not only dangerous during the initial detoxification, it is also more likely to result in a relapse later on. Addiction treatment centers provide a monitored environment where you will get the medical attention you need, as well as the emotional support to overcome drug or alcohol abuse.
Inpatient programs offer the highest level of treatment care, with medically supervised detoxification and around-the-clock care and support.
There are several options for inpatient addiction treatment. Rehabilitation centers differ by location, therapies offered, staff experience, amenities and more. It’s important to find the one that best fits your specific needs.
What is an Inpatient Rehab Program?
Inpatient rehabilitation is a residential treatment center where patients reside for various lengths depending on the needed treatement program. The average stay is 30 days, but most addiction treatment facilities offer longer programs (60 days, 90 days or even longer).
The length of treatment depends on several factors, including the severity of the addiction, the existence of any co-occurring mental health conditions, and whether the person has been through rehabilitation before.
Most inpatient centers offer family programs, where members of the patient’s family participate in family counseling and activities. This provides the opportunity to rebuild trust and identify dysfunctional relationships or dynamics that could trigger a relapse. Families are able to encourage and support their loved one by being actively involved in the recovery process.
Each inpatient residential facility provides its own unique accommodations. Some are basic, with shared rooms, cafeteria-style meals, and recreational activities like pool and ping-pong. Others may offer private luxury suites with gourmet meals and a host of amenities, like a pool, spa, and gym.
How to Choose an Inpatient Treatment Center
Because individuals who need addiction treatment is different, there are also a variety of differences among treatment programs. It is important to ask the right questions to find the treatment program that is right for you.
Some questions you should ask when choosing a rehabilitation center are:
- What types of addiction does the program treat? – It’s important to find a center that has experience treating your specific addiction and any co-occurring disorders. Every substance has different physical and psychological effects. Make sure to ask about the treatment center’s familiarity with treating your specific addiction.
- What types of therapy are offered? – Most rehabilitation facilities offer group and individual counseling. Along with the counseling provided, there are many different types of traditional and nontraditional therapies. Learn about the different options and find a rehabilitation center that offers what you’re looking for.
- What kind of aftercare and sober living options do they offer? – Many treatment centers provide guidance and planning for after you leave the inpatient stay. A guided aftercare program is essential to maintaining sobriety. Find out if your rehab of choice has an aftercare program or can help you find one.
- What are the credentials and licensing of the facility? – Because you want access to skilled professionals, find out the accreditation of the clinical staff and the facility itself. This is important, as sub-standard facilities cannot only fail to help you, but do so at a high financial cost.
- What peer group programs are offered? – Many rehabilitation centers adhere to a 12-Step program, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. Others provide alternative options, such as the SMART recovery program.
- What are my payment options? – If insured, finding out if the treatment center accepts your insurance. This is the first step to coming up with a plan to pay for treatment. If uninsured, ask if the treatment center offers scholarships or in-house financing options. Posing these kinds of questions will help narrow your options down and make the process of getting treatment less stressful.
Questions about treatment?
Call now to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Advantages of Inpatient Rehab
For those struggling with a severe substance use disorder or addiction, inpatient rehabilitation has the highest rates of long-term success. Inpatient treatment programs provide an safe and comfortable environment with 24-hour care and thorough planning for the best ways to avoid relapse in the future.
“Treatment was the best thing that ever happened to me and truly did help save my life. I had a counselor who was tough and believed in me, but made me work hard to try to get better and stay that way.” – Lisa M., recovering addict
Benefits of choosing an inpatient rehab center include:
- Being in a safe, comfortable and highly organized environment.
- Freedom from outside triggers, distractions or negative influences that may fuel substance abuse.
- Having medical professionals present to ensure health and safety during detox and throughout treatment.
- Being surrounded by a support system of fellow patients and counselors that provide encouragement throughout the treatment process.
Get The Help You Deserve
It’s important to know that you are not alone in your fight for sobriety. Choosing to go to an inpatient treatment center is the first step toward regaining your life and living on your own terms.
If you or someone you love is ready to check into an inpatient rehab center, please contact us now. We can help find the treatment center that is best suited for you.